Thursday, March 12, 2015

Okra Miracle.





















 This is the recipe I always use for my okra.
1½ lbs okra
3 medium ripe tomatoes (peeled and diced)
1 small green pepper (sliced)
¼ yellow onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
3 tbsp tomato sauce
Juice of ½ lemon
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 ½ tsp salt
2 cups water


Okra is washed and dried and the stem cut into a cone to stop oozing
Sometimes I just cut it into half inch pieces
 Then I pour olive oil, onions, garlic and saute a few minutes then. I add green peppers or red and chilli peppers and tomatoes Sometimes I put in celery.  I take 2 cups of water into which I add 1 can to tomato paste and stir.

This goes into the pot. Then lemon juice is added salt blk pepper oregano . Last I add the okra and cook on med heat for about 15 minutes and then simmer 30-40 min.

My husband loves it with rice.
Okra is fabulous for diabetics and treats inflammation of the respiratory tract, and for sore throats.
It is good for urinary problems, as a poultice for wounds, treats diarrhea,
Juice is good for skin itches and as a moisturizer.
The seeds are good for muscle spasms, fever head ache and arthritis.
It binds with cholesterol and bile acids  expelling them with stool.
Lowers blood sugar and also helps as a laxative.
It's also good to use on pimples.


Okra is what is known as a wonder vegetable.

Have a wonderful day.
xoxoxox

No comments: