Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Love, Learn, Move On




















Some things are meant to be and some are not so you
Love Learn and then move on.
The important thing is to try to get it right  but it doesn't mean
it is right or will ever be right.

Sitting on the range, smelling the cows and nature, feeling the cold
brisk air all around you, hearing a brook rushing over icy rocks
on its' way to somewhere, you have a chance to think about
what is important in life.
What can you give up or forsake ? Life? Freedom? Career?
Peace of mind?
Sitting, listening to cows quietly breathing and watching sparks of a crackling fire,
  dancing into the black of night,one can easily get lost in the arms of nature.

  Nothing can ever be so perfect as this very moment
when heaven and earth meet except maybe to have your horse come and
nudge you from behind.
Your  cold red fingers reach up to its' soft warm muzzle and as you caress
this warm blood, you know deep in your soul that this is where you belong.
This is the essence of life worth living.
It's clean and it's perfect and it all makes sense.

It is not long before civilization distracts your thoughts with  annoying  ski doos
buzzing through avalanche country and cowboy screams of drunken college boys
out to have a good time. Good to be young but deadly is the behavior
that challenges the woodland in the dark.
 They scared the wolf into showing itself and walking closer to the fire, tail
 tucked between its' legs.
Wild yellow eyes glistened up at you as if to ask permission to share your fire.
Ok old boy. That's ok. Come to share in the meal have you?
Gravy soaked bread  was thrown out to him which he immediately devoured.
Assured, he lay down and curled up to enjoy the company.
Funny how the wild animals have more dignity and savoir faire than the so called
intelligent human.

I pulled up the warm blanket around my shoulders and settled into a tree trunk
whose roots cradled me like a babe in its' mothers' gentle arms
Snow drifts covered the forest full of soft powdery snow and my eyes drifted
into a quiet peaceful sleep, knowing all will be well tonight.
Tonight I love and learn. Tomorrow... we'll move on.
Galations 2-20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:
 and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God,
 who loved me, and gave himself for me.

xoxoxxoxxoox



2 comments:

Russell said...

Enjoyed reading this very much. Felt like I was right there in the open country on a dark night. You really paint a beautiful image with words.

Yes, the important things in life are not materialistic. Really enjoyed reading your words. Very true.

A Lady's Life said...

thanks russell