Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Life.


Ginger bread and sugar plums all under the tree.
It takes so much work to dress up the tree and to get the toys to join in
the celebration.


















I often wonder why people throw all the toys away because they can
 always be a part of the Christmas spirit to keep child hood in the air.

Like my son, reflected on the gray dog in the back ground and said I remember this dog.
I used to like it.

And the pink Easter bunny appeared on our car roof one day in a basket.
My son never figured out how the Easter Bunny found our car in the parking lot. lol
I don't remember how I got it there without my son seeing me put it there.

When you look at each and every thing it has a history and fond memories which makes it special.

I hope you have treasures at home to celebrate Christmas with.

Mary and Joseph I got a few Christmases ago from my son and so this statue is very special
to him and for me because he gave it to me. I love to display it and look at it knowing where it came from.

Once, a long time ago, we found a kitten on the busy street. It was still very tiny.
So I put it into a brown bag and when we got it home I causally gave it to my oldest son and said here put this into the fridge.

He took the bag and as he was walking to the fridge, he felt the bag moving and a tiny meow.
He stopped and began to examine the bag and as he opened it his eyes grew wide in delight
to see a tiny kitten there. Well he was so happy and we began to take care of it giving it milk and pablum. A kitty got a home that day. Presentation makes all the difference.

xoxoxoxox




 

10 comments:

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

What a great idea! The toys with such memories of your family's life add something very special to your holiday decor. Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful holiday filled with warm memories and new reasons to celebrate!

Akelamalu said...

Love the kitty story.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy & Happy New Year. xx

A Lady's Life said...

Thank you Kathy and same to you

A Lady's Life said...

Magia thanks and same to you!

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Akelamalu Hope your Christmas holidays are beautiful as well.

Rick Watson said...

Great story about the kitten.
My blog tonight is about decorating
our great nephew's Charlie Brown tree
and memories.

George said...

I really like the way you've captured the joy of childhood in your Christmas decorations. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

A Lady's Life said...

Than you George and same to you and your beautiful wife.:)

Gattina said...

I like the kitty story the best ! What a happy end !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina Sure was interesting The Mother cat had kittens at a construction site.