Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Holidays




A priest says to his friend, the rabbi, that he has a perfect way of eating for free in restaurants. “I go in at well past 9 o’clock in the evening, eat several courses slowly, linger over coffee, port and a cigar. Come 2 o’clock, as they are clearing everything away, I just keep sitting there until eventually a waiter comes up and asks me to pay. Then I say: ‘I’ve already paid your colleague who has left.’ Because I am a man of the cloth, they take my word for it, and I leave.”

The rabbi is impressed, and says: “Let’s try it together this evening.”

So the priest books them into a restaurant and come2 o’clock they are both still quietly sitting there after a very full meal. Sure enough, a waiter comes over and asks them to pay. The priest just says: “I’ve already paid your colleague who has left.”
And the rabbi adds: “And we are still waiting for the change!”
================================================================

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve.
We began with our presents after midnight.
Santa had visited by then and we finished around 3 am
Then till 6 am we had to chat and play with our toys.

The night just whizzed by.

My husband bought the above cake at one of the Save on Foods
on King George  cause I told him this was one of the best places to buy cakes.

Of course my husband left it to the last moment and there were only three left by the time he got there.
Anyway it was a light and fluffy cheesecake and we enjoyed it.

My supper came out really good with lamb and duck, stuffed wine leaves, glazed carrots , broccoli
mashed potatoes Eggplant spread, fried mushrooms, and tempura zucchini and sweet potatoes, a dish with sliced tomatoes, cheese onions and
cucumbers. I learned not to make salad people have problems with marinades.

My sons' girl friend spent the holiday with us and she was nothing but a pure delight.
We miss not having a girl in our family.

I hope you had a wonderful Eve as well and enjoyed your friends and family
This is the best thing in the world to have around you at this special time of the year.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo




 

7 comments:

Gattina said...

We had a very nice Christmas morning too, with a little 3 year old one it's so different !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina I am sure it was pure delight.:)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life - I'm glad the Christmas Cake was so delicious .. your meal sounds lovely ..

Merry Christmas - Hilary

Maude Lynn said...

Sounds like a lovely holiday. That cake looks yummy!

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Hilary We had a wonderful time and I was not overworked.

A Lady's Life said...

Its the first time I taste a cheese cake that was so light and fluffy. It was really good. Mama Zen.

SandyCarlson said...

Merry Christmas! That is a beautiful-looking treat!